I sat at the 10th exchange for Ragnar, as my stomach continued to churn, I was exhausted, extremly sick, and on the verge of tears. My mom kept repeating, "Your going to be fine, you'll do fine." But I knew I wasn't fine. I watched in the background and I see my teammate rounding the corner, and then I knew it wasn't long until I had to go.
Before I had another second to breathe, on the girls speaker behind me, Ryker's song started to play. In a moment's time flashbacks of the accident, the drive home, and his funeral played so vivid it seemed as if he was right there beside me. My body fell numb, and it was like that moment froze time. I held back the tears, my throat felt tight, and I grabbed the bracelet from his hand, and took off running.
During this run, I never fell sick again. Somehow I was in constant reminder to finish this for Ryker.
I believe that God sends us "reminders" that we are not alone in this world. I know that some people believe that there is no such thing as spirits or ghosts, but I believe they are always there whether we feel them or not. I have had a rough eventful week, but these reminders helped me overcome this. I know that sometimes our prayers aren't always answered, but they are always recieved.
"The trouble that might drag you down,
you get lost you can always be found,
just know your not alone,
cause I'm going to make this place your home."
-- Phillip Phillips


No comments:
Post a Comment