Friday, June 12, 2015

My Man

I know you don't want to hear another mushy gushy love story yet again, and especially from me. I know that I tend to show my affection for this boy way more than I should. But I have so much to be thankful for. Little does he know how much he means to me. I just got my wisdom teeth out yesterday, and he has been by my side as much as he could, and even switched me shifts tomorrow!

I sit here and wonder how I got lucky enough to deserve someone like him. I drive him up a wall quite often, yet he spoils me rotten. I like to think that our relationship is quite different than every normal high school relationship, because he is my best friend. It's hard to comprehend falling in love with your best friend.

We were best friends way before I fell in love with him.

I didn't need a hug or a kiss today from him to feel like he loved me. I have learned that it is the simple little things that mean the most. He showed up at my front door this morning with a peanut butter shake and a Sobe (he knows me too well these days), walked right in my door, and sat down next to me. That alone was enough to make me just fall in love with him over again and automatically took the pain away.

I have actually had MANY girls ask me how I have kept our relationship so long and I ask them right back well depends on how you look at the person. If you only look at him like he's your boyfriend, then you will just have a boyfriend. You see Kaden is more than just a boyfriend, he is my best friend, my mentor, my personal trainer, my psychologist, my co-worker, he's even considered apart of my family.

Happiness is not found within kissing, hugging, hand holding, cuddling, and making out. Kaden taught me that these components don't make our world go round and round. If you are constantly relying on your "lover" to do these things with you to make you happy, happiness will be short lived. I believe this is a very good reason for the America's high divorce rate.

I have a life long best friend. Yes, I would love to marry Kaden someday, but that day is very far away and I am only 16 years old. Whether I decide to spend the rest of my life with him or not, he will ALWAYS be my best friend. He made me realize how to find happiness in the small moments. Finding seashells on Bonneville shoreline during valentines day, eating Little Ceasars in the passenger seat of his Camry, eating shakes and cracking jokes on my living room couch, watching him love the heck out of two little boys.

I feel sorry for the girlfriends and boyfriends who lay in the bedrooms making out all weekend, cause man, are they missing out. I don't want to marry Kaden because of how great of a kisser he is. Like have you seen him run?

Kaden is my best friend on this planet, and it doesn't matter what mood I am in, he will always make me smile. I never get sick of being around my best friend. Every day is an adventure, he gives me a new reason to smile, whether its a shake in his hand or the way he lets me run in front of him on trails. KADEN JOHN WINTER IS MY HAPPINESS.

And I can not wait to see what our future has in store.


No comments: