It's been a few months since I last updated this....so here's one.
Every time I felt my life wasn't working the way I thought I had planned it to be, my mom would say:
"Just wait, it will all work out."
I think its hard to be patient when your in the dark and feeling like everything is going wrong. Not knowing when better times will come makes you grow impatient. But this summer has proved to me that everything I have been working towards is slowly making it's way.
At the beginning of the year, I decided to quit my job at the Gap to try something new (and get some more hours so I can graduate with ZERO debt 😀)
I got a dream job working on a summer school program for school aged kids. I interviewed, got the job, and was more than excited to start.
This has been something I have been working towards for three years, so I walked in thinking it would be easier than it was. Not going to lie....the first few weeks of having 25 kids to yourself full-time is NOT EASY. I struggled, but with every struggle, these kids grew their way into my heart. I am slowly approaching the day I will have to leave them to go back to school and I am not too enthusiastic about that.
The other day, one of my students came up and tugged on my shirt, looked me in the eyes and said:
"Miss Jerra, I'm glad you decided to be a teacher."
Those 5 year olds just know how to hit the heart strings.
I'm so grateful for these little experiences that have just been thrown in my path that allow me to learn, and love what I do. All my schooling has gotten me so far, and that's such a good feeling. (Only 3 semesters left!)
You look at life a little different when you get to see it through the eyes of kids with different families, backgrounds, ethnicity, and even religion. Makes me excited to be a parent one day (in the very very far future).
I remember someone telling me that your younger years are the best years of your life and I beg to differ. Every year I've had in college has gotten better and better.
I'm in this phase in life where I LOVE where I am at now with going to school, being involved on campus, and working my butt off. But I am also so so excited for future. I can't wait to have a classroom of my own and be able to afford nice things for myself as well. 😜
Here's to some even greater journeys to come, student teaching, graduating, moving back to Hooper, and maybe falling for someone. 😉
Until next timmmeee.
No comments:
Post a Comment