My name is Jerra Jo Fowers, and I am happy.
I am happy not just because my ship has sailed through a perfect journey, but an unforgettable one.
I hit storms every week. My ship has been tossed and turned into directions far away from home. My sails were tore into when the wind came in strong. I felt so lost in the middle of the ocean that I thought I would never would find my way home. I have come to except the fact that my "happy" ride alone came with it's difficulties.
That with every storm, I got the opportunity to dance in the rain. That if my sails were never torn, I never would have learned to fix them. When I was far from home, in the middle of the ocean, I smiled. I smiled because I realized how grateful I am for my family miles away. I may not have gotten to "paradise island" nor did I break the world record for distance traveled alone. But I found the X on the map. I found happiness along the way.
The treasure that's casted away on another island isn't that 1st place medal or that pot of gold, it's happiness. Life's beauty isn't through the amount of records beaten, the amount of medals earned, or that girl you beat last week, but the happiness found along the way. For your successes are useless if you didn't enjoy the journey to them.
I learned that happiness and achievement don't always ride hand in hand.
I'm not the fastest runner in the state, but I am happy waking up every day to go to practice. I'm nowhere near becoming valedictorian, but I love going to school.
Passion is like your map, it guides to your happiness. I have learned that you will never find happiness on your ship if you don't have a passion to drive you. If your not doing what makes you happy, your only turning your ship in circles.
Happiness is the chest filled with gold, the highest of the high, the best of the best. Happiness is that little girl with the smile, that has the power to change the world.
My Name is Jerra Jo Fowers, and I am HAPPY.

No comments:
Post a Comment